POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sea WIP: advices about media are welcome! : Sea WIP: advices about media are welcome! Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Sea WIP: advices about media are welcome!
From: chaps
Date: 24 Oct 2002 13:39:25
Message: <3db8304d@news.povray.org>
In this picture, I included my jelly fish model in a previous sea scene. And
it seems that the jelly fish media disappeared.

Sea is a simple clear hollow box, including interior with IOR set to 1.31
and an absobtion media.

Jellyfish are ISO CSG hollow objects, including interior definition with IOR
set to 1.31*1.05 plus scattering and emission media. It works when the jelly
fish is rendered alone (in this case no external box, and internal IOR set
to 1.05).

What is wrong in this description?
Does the jelly fish IOR works in the same way than a 1.05 IOR in the air?

Another question to pov gurus. The time to render this picture was so slow
that I have had to stop and continue rendering several time. Unfortunatly -
or fortunatly ? - I made a modification in the source witch changed the
position of the fish school. So I stored the result in a backup file and
rerender the part of the image tht was wrong: same settings, same machine.
What is strange is that the rendering speed went from 3 to 4 pixels per
second to 250 for the same part of the screen! My PC has few DRAM (128 meg)
for both POV and XP, is it the explanation? I don't understand why in that
case the memory need is decreasing, but if it is correct, it may be a way to
speed up rendering. Does it works with photons?

Chaps.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fish3.jpg' (84 KB)